Mayan abdominal massage and visceral mobilization gently treat connective tissue restrictions in the visceral core which can often be the root cause of pain and dysfunction elsewhere in the body.
- helps reduce scar tissue and adhesions from surgery, inflammation or injury
- can reduce congestion and bloating
- helps align spine and pelvis
- helps many digestive, urinary, and reproductive issues
- can correct hiatal hernias
- very helpful for balancing the abdomen after childbirth.
Often integrated with other therapies or can be a stand-alone treatment.
A full session may also include a warm abdominal castor oil pack to further enhance the anti-inflammatory and immune system benefits of this work.
Client may remain clothed, but the abdomen is exposed and oils/lotions are used.